If you want to:


- alter, improve or enlarge the house, fittings or fixtures;

  add new fixtures or fittings (for example kitchen or bathroom installations, central heating or other fixed heaters, double glazing, or any kind of external erial or satellite dish
  and laminate and tiled flooring);

- put up a garage, shed or other structure;

- decorate the outside of the house;


You must first get our written permission. We will not refuse permission unreasonably. We may grant permission with conditions including conditions regarding the standard of the work.


If you make a request to us for permission to carry out alterations or improvements, etc. to the house, we will reply to your written request within one month of receipt of the written application. In that reply we will tell you if we agree to the proposed alterations, etc. and if so, whether we attach any conditions. If we do not reply within one month, we are taken to have agreed to your request. If we refuse this kind of permission, we will let you know in writing our reasons for refusals within one month of receipt of your written application.


If you have made alterations or improvements with our permission, you may be entitled to compensation at the end of your tenancy under regulations governing such arrangements. We also have the power, even if you do not qualify under these Regulations, to make a discretionary payment.











Sign up for Updates

Receive HTML?